Support us to actively shape the future of autonomous systems. Contribute to enabling dependable AI-based automobiles, machines, and production facilities (link). In addition, with us you will collaborate with the world’s best scientists. Your results will come alive in products of leading companies, and thereby you will take your part in shaping a safe future.
What we expect from you
- Master or doctoral degree in computer science, mathematics, control or similar studies
- Highly motivated with an independent way of working and a critical thinking mindset
- Preferably, initial experience in the areas of safety and artificial intelligence
- Programming experience (e.g. Java, Python, C/C++, etc.)
- Team player (doer and thinker)
- German language capability nice to have, but not a must
A strong plus if you also bring in
- Experience in engaging with industry or working in industry
- Experience in writing grants
What you can expect from us
- Your chance to actively shape the future
- A unique combination of excellent science and industrial application
- Gain insight into various industrial sectors and companies
- A systematic training program, which will accelerate your professional and personal development
- Flexible compatibility of private life and work (according to the TVöD – the public-sector collective wage agreement, holiday entitlement of 30 days, flexible working hours, compensatory working time, accessibility to a day care center, holiday care for children, etc.).
Appointment, remuneration and social security benefits based on the public-sector collective wage agreement (TVöD).
In case of identical qualifications preference will be given to severely disabled candidates.
We would like to point out that the chosen job title also includes the third gender.
The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft emphasises gender-independent professional equality.
The Fraunhofer Institute for Cognitive Systems IKS conducts applied research into the topics of tomorrow: artificial intelligence, cognitive systems and intelligent software architectures for autonomous systems. Our primary focus is safety-critical applications in the areas of Industry 4.0 and automotive, as well as mobile machines and commercial vehicles. We thus develop dependable software technologies for people. For instance, we examine how artificial intelligence can be validated so that it can be utilized even in autonomous vehicles, human-robot interaction and medical instruments, paving the way for a dependable digital world.
If we could arise your interest, please apply exclusively online with all the necessary documents (cover letter, curriculum vitae, and certificates).
Technical questions will be answered gladly by
Dr. Chih-Hong Cheng
Phone: +49 89 547088-392
|Published at||9. December 2021|
|Employment type||Full time, Part time|