The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft (www.fraunhofer.com) currently operates 76 institutes and research institutions throughout Germany and is the world’s leading applied research organization. Around 30,000 employees work with an annual research budget of 2.9 billion euros.
The Fraunhofer Institute for Cognitive Systems IKS conducts applied research into the topics of tomorrow: artificial intelligence, cognitive systems and intelligent software architectures for autonomous systems. Our primary focus is safety-critical applications in the areas of Industry 4.0 and automotive, as well as mobile machines and commercial vehicles. We thus develop dependable software technologies for people. For instance, we examine how artificial intelligence can be validated so that it can be utilized even in autonomous vehicles, human-robot interaction and medical instruments. That means we’re paving the way for a dependable digital world.
What you will do
Support us in actively shaping and forming the future of flexible and autonomous systems (Link). Help ensuring that we can continue to rely on the safety of cars, machines and production facilities in the future. In addition, with us you will collaborate with the world’s best scientists. Your results in the area of dependable adaptive software architectures will come to life in the products of leading companies and you will thereby make an active contribution to a safe future. Just take a look at: www.iks.fraunhofer.de/en.html
For qualified applicants we provide the possibility to pursue a PhD.
What you bring to the table
- Master's degree in computer science or related field of study
- Curiosity, creativity and the desire to shape your work proactively and independently
- Communication and cooperation skills as well as scientific entrepreneurial spirit
- Knowledge of software engineering (e.g. architecture design, service-oriented architectures, microservices, embedded / cyber-physical systems, self-adaptive software systems) would be an advantage
- Good language skills in German and English
What you can expect
- Your chance to actively shape the future.
- A unique combination of excellent science and application.
- The option to pursue a PhD.
- Gain insights in various industrial sectors and companies.
- A systematic training program, which will accelerate your professional and personal development.
- Flexible compatibility of private life and work (according to the TVöD – the public-sector collective wage agreement, holiday entitlement of 30 days, flexible working hours, compensatory working time, accessibility to a day care center, holiday care for children, etc.).
The position is initially limited to 2 years. The weekly working time is 39 hours. We value and promote the diversity of our employees' skills and therefore welcome all applications - regardless of age, gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, ideology, disability, sexual orientation and identity. Severely disabled persons are given preference in the event of equal suitability. Appointment, remuneration and social security benefits based on the public-sector collective wage agreement (TVöD).
With its focus on developing key technologies that are vital for the future and enabling the commercial utilization of this work by business and industry, Fraunhofer plays a central role in the innovation process. As a pioneer and catalyst for groundbreaking developments and scientific excellence, Fraunhofer helps shape society now and in the future.
Interested? Apply online now. We look forward to getting to know you!
Technical questions will be answered gladly by
Dr. Gereon Weiss, firstname.lastname@example.org
If you got further questions, please contact our colleagues from HR via email: email@example.com
|Published at||23. May 2022|
|Employment type||Full time, Part time|