Researcher Safety Engineering (Ph.D. opportunity)
You have always had the desire to leave your footprint and make the world a somewhat safer place? You're interested in Dynamic Software Architectures? Then join our team at Fraunhofer IKS in Munich as Senior Researcher Dynamic Software Architectures.
The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft (www.fraunhofer.com) currently operates 76 institutes and research institutions throughout Germany and is the world’s leading applied research organization. Around 30,000 employees work with an annual research budget of 2.9 billion euros.
The Fraunhofer Institute for Cognitive Systems IKS conducts applied research into the topics of tomorrow: artificial intelligence, cognitive systems and intelligent software architectures for autonomous systems. Our primary focus is safety-critical applications in the areas of Industry 4.0 and automotive, as well as mobile machines and commercial vehicles. We thus develop dependable software technologies for people. For instance, we examine how artificial intelligence can be validated so that it can be utilized even in autonomous vehicles, human-robot interaction and medical instruments. That means we’re paving the way for a dependable digital world.
What you will do
Support us to actively shape the future of autonomous systems. Contribute to enabling dependable AI-based vehicles, machines, and production facilities (link). In addition, with us you will collaborate with the world’s best scientists. Your results will come alive in products of leading companies, and thereby you will take your part in shaping a safe future. Just take a look at: https://www.iks.fraunhofer.de/en.html.
What you bring to the table
- Master’s degree in computer science, engineering or similar studies
- Communication and cooperation skills
- Interest and curiosity to pursue scientific research
- Highly motivated with an independent way of working and a critical thinking mindset
- Preferably, initial experience in the area of safety
- Knowledge in the area of software engineering
- Good language skills in German and English
What you can expect
- Your chance to actively shape the future
- A unique combination of excellent science and industrial application
- The possibility to pursue a Phd or further academic carrier in the area of safety-critical systems
- Gain insight into various industrial sectors and companies
- A systematic training program, which will accelerate your professional and personal development
- Flexible compatibility of private life and work (according to the TVöD – the public-sector collective wage agreement, holiday entitlement of 30 days, flexible working hours, compensatory working time, accessibility to a day care center, holiday care for children, etc.).
The position is initially limited to 2 years. The weekly working time is 39 hours. The position can also be filled on a part-time basis. We value and promote the diversity of our employees' skills and therefore welcome all applications - regardless of age, gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, ideology, disability, sexual orientation and identity. Severely disabled persons are given preference in the event of equal suitability. Appointment, remuneration and social security benefits based on the public-sector collective wage agreement (TVöD).
With its focus on developing key technologies that are vital for the future and enabling the commercial utilization of this work by business and industry, Fraunhofer plays a central role in the innovation process. As a pioneer and catalyst for groundbreaking developments and scientific excellence, Fraunhofer helps shape society now and in the future.
Interested? Apply online now. We look forward to getting to know you!
Technical questions will be answered gladly by
Mr. Philipp Schleiß, phone +49 89 547088-398
All other questions will be answered gladly by our colleagues of HR via Mail: email@example.com
|Published at||27. December 2022|
|Employment type||Full time, Part time|