Open systems (of systems) run and interact in a physical world with unforeseeable uncertainties. Cognitive systems are software-intensive technical systems that imitate cognitive capabilities of human behavior by processing the environment data, predicting upcoming changes, adapting to the context, while ensuring that safety is preserved.
At Fraunhofer Institute for Cognitive Systems IKS we research and develop methods and technologies that enable intelligent, autonomous systems to respond reliably and safely to unexpected or previously unknown situations. In doing so, we work at the interface between science and industry to bring innovative concepts for cognitive systems into practical application.
For qualified applicants we provide the possibility to pursue a PhD.
What we expect from you
- Master’s degree in engineering or similar studies.
- Experience in software systems engineering and software architectures.
- Programming experience (e.g. Python, C/C++, etc.).
- Knowledge in standardized Software Architectures (AUTOSAR, OPC-UA,…) and machine learning is a plus.
- Communication and cooperation skills.
- Highly motivated with an independent way of working and a critical thinking mindset.
- Good language skills in English.
What you can expect from us
- Your chance to actively shape the future.
- A unique combination of excellent science and application.
- The possibility to pursue a PhD.
- Gain insight in various industrial sectors and companies.
- A systematic training program, which will accelerate your professional and personal development.
- Flexible compatibility of private life and work (according to the TVöD – the public-sector collective wage agreement, holiday entitlement of 30 days, flexible working hours, compensatory working time, accessibility to a day care center, holiday care for children, etc.).
Appointment, remuneration and social security benefits based on the public-sector collective wage agreement (TVöD).
In case of identical qualifications preference will be given to severely disabled candidates.
We would like to point out that the chosen job title also includes the third gender.
The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft emphasises gender-independent professional equality.
The Fraunhofer Institute for Cognitive Systems IKS conducts applied research into the topics of tomorrow: artificial intelligence, cognitive systems and intelligent software architectures for autonomous systems. Our primary focus is safety-critical applications in the areas of Industry 4.0 and automotive, as well as mobile machines and commercial vehicles. We thus develop dependable software technologies for people. For instance, we examine how artificial intelligence can be validated so that it can be utilized even in autonomous vehicles, human-robot interaction and medical instruments. That means we’re paving the way for a dependable digital world.
If we could arise your interest, please apply exclusively online with all the necessary documents (cover letter, curriculum vitae, and certificates).
Technical questions will be answered gladly by
Dr.-Ing. Núria Mata, Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
All other questions will be answered gladly by
Kirsten Plesch via Mail: email@example.com
|Published at||9. December 2021|
|Employment type||Full time, Part time|