In this Master Thesis, the student is expected to develop optimization-based testing techniques for autonomous driving vehicles, and validate his/her designed technique using open source autonomous driving SW stack (e.g. Baidu Apollo or Autoware.auto) and simulator (e.g. LGSVL or Carla).
What we expect from you
- Highly willing to learn new things
- Basic knowledge in one of the following subfields: software testing, optimization, formal methods
- Analytical thinking and comfortable with mathematics
- Programming skills (mainly in Python)
- Prior experience in autonomous driving SW stack and simulator is considered as a plus
Especially suitable for students with the field of study in computer science.
What you can expect from us
- Participation in a dynamic team with innovative task areas
- Practical approach to your studies
- The duration of employment and working time is set by arrangement
Remuneration according to the general works agreement for employing assistant staff.
In case of identical qualifications preference will be given to severely disabled candidates.
We would like to point out that the chosen job title also includes the third gender.
The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft emphasises gender-independent professional equality.
The Fraunhofer Institute for Cognitive Systems IKS conducts applied research into the topics of tomorrow: artificial intelligence, cognitive systems and intelligent software architectures for autonomous systems. Our primary focus is safety-critical applications in the areas of Industry 4.0 and automotive, as well as mobile machines and commercial vehicles. We thus develop dependable software technologies for people. For instance, we examine how artificial intelligence can be validated so that it can be utilized even in autonomous vehicles, human-robot interaction and medical instruments. That means we’re paving the way for a dependable digital world.
If we could arise your interest, please apply exclusively online with all the necessary documents (cover letter, curriculum vitae, certificates).
Additional questions will be answered gladly by
Dr. Chih-Hong Cheng
Tel.: +49 89 547088-392
|Published at||9. December 2021|
|Employment type||Working student|